Thursday, August 30, 2012

Go nuts for L.S.A


Linseed (flaxseed)


 Sunflower seeds




Almonds




 
L.S.A benefits the body by providing many essential vitamins and minerals. It is a great source of, protein, fibre, omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, B1, B2, B5, magnesium, manganese, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, copper and zinc.

This scrumptious healthy gluten free ground meal is ideal to add to your breakfast cereals, desserts, salads, yogurt, smoothies, cakes or muffins.

So go nutty and start sprinkling the goodness of L.S.A onto your meals.





 
It may be tiny, but it’s mighty. Flax seeds contain very high amounts of fibre, antioxidants, and Omega-3 fatty acids. It’s very low in carbohydrates and its combination of healthy fat and high fibre content make it a great food for weight maintenance.

Flax seeds need to be ground to make the nutrients available or they will just, “pass through”.




Sunflower seeds are an exceptional source of vitamin E, B-complex and protein. They are an incredible source of many other health benefiting nutrients, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.


 


Almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts, giving you a rich source of protein, fibre, vitamin E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, calcium, magnesium and zinc.


3 cups raw Linseed's / flax seeds
2 cups raw Sunflower seed

1 cup raw Almonds
Grind into a fine meal (You can use a Thermomix, food processor, coffee grinder or spice grinder)
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 months.
I put everything in the Thermomix. Placed the lid on,
mixed for 12 seconds and.......


here is my perfect L.S.A
 

My kind of Fast Food


Today I used Lynne’s Thermomix to mix my L.S.A I am in love with this machine and am currently saving my penny’s to have one in my kitchen. It took 12 seconds to grind the Linseed's, Sunflower seeds and almonds together, that’s what I call fast (nutritious) food.


 
If you have never seen a Thermomix in action I highly recommend going to a Demo and seeing firsthand how this machine works, it is not only a food-processor, but one that also, weighs, cooks, chops, crushes, emulsifies, whips, mixes, steams, blends, kneads, grind, simmers, grates and mills.

If you are in the Brisbane area and would like to have a Demo please contact me @ Clear food and Living on Facebook and I will forward you Lynne’s details.
Lynne is very passionate about nutritious food and has an abundance of knowledge on all things healthy and good for you. Learn how to avoid harmful additives in your food and save money on your shopping bill. Lynne is the best cook I know. So book a Demo with her and experience the simplicity of creating healthy, tasty meals in minutes.
Lynne and I stocking up on our organic fruit, nuts and vegetables and
enjoying a hot drink while we are there at Northey Street organic markets in Brisbane
Peace n Love
Jeanette 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can.

Peace n Love