Monday, September 9, 2013

My island home of Tasmania

September was the time to say goodbye to my island home of Tasmania and defrost in Brisbane for a couple of weeks before heading back to India in October. 

So far 2013 has been a pretty amazing year with January - May spent in Goa in India and Koh Phangan in Thailand. In mid May I then headed South to my old stomping ground of Launceston, Tasmania. 

Aaron came down to the cold state in June and starting working in a couple of the yoga studios. If you are ever in Launceston and want to attend a few yoga classes check out Hot Body Yoga and Yoga on York. Or if you want to workout at a great gym go to KFM Fitness this is where I was massaging from. 


Tasmania is a truly remarkable place from white sand beaches to breathtaking mountainous terrain it's a place of beauty and history and well worth a visit. During my 24 years of living in Tassie I really took it for granted and would always choose to fly to Melbourne or to the 'mainland' to discover new things. I never appreciated what was in my backyard or simply a few minutes or hours drive away. 

My favourite place:
All the places I visited were pretty amazing but if I had to pick a favourite I would have to say Hobart and the surrounding towns. The vibe is quirky, fun and always friendly. I enjoyed the sights, sounds, flavours and action of the Salamance Markets. 
That night we went for a drink at Jack Greene Bar it had a great atmosphere and a good range of beers and ciders. 
For breakfast, brunch and lunch all in one I highly recommend Daci and Daci. It is a delightful little French Cafe with the best coffee and croissants in town. I could have sat there all day listening to the string Quartet playing next to us. 


Here are some of the amazing places I explored in the past few months in Tasmania. 



















1 comment:

  1. Hey, really love Tasmania myself having lived there for almost 2 years! Have you visited Mona museum? That is a truly fascinating place, although a bit weird haha... Love your pictures though!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment and I will do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can.

Peace n Love