Fruit is amazing and can be added to almost any meal or eaten as a healthy snack throughout the day.
Rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and fibre, fruits offer a wide range of health benefits.
These deep purple berries are the richest of all fruits in antioxidant compounds, which protect us from cancers and several other diseases.
As my mum passed away from cancer I am very interested in foods which can possibly assist in helping flight this challenging disease.
· Just a handful a day of these popular berries can offer protection from some diseases.
· Contain a cholesterol lowering compound.
· Help fight urinary tract infections.
· Help prevent memory loss.
· High in vitamin C and fibre.
· Appear to help protect against intestinal upsets, including food poisoning.· Help prevent diabetes.
Blueberries are sweet so can be eaten raw, which helps preserve their vitamin C content. They can also be lightly cooked in a small amount of water and eaten with the juices. This is great on pancakes. The berries freeze well and only lose a few of their nutrients.
Yogurt with blueberries, honey, maca and cashews
1 tsp. honey – I love Manuka honey
1 tsp. maca
Small handful of cashews
2 - 3 tbsp. natural yoghurt
10 - 12 blueberries
1. Heat the honey in a small saucepan on a low-medium heat. Add nuts and stir until covered in honey. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Place yoghurt in a bowl and stir in the maca, then spoon over the cashews and blueberries and serve.
Or you can enjoy everything mixed together without heating the honey and cashews. :)
Peace n Love